If you need to find a good lawyer, one who is skilled in family law, then you need someone who can look after your interests as well as your children’s interests. I’ve mentioned five choices that will help you find the best lawyer for you. Have a look at Family Law Attorney.
- Check with Friends, Relatives-People you meet can be a great resource to help you find a lawyer for the relatives. Possibly someone you know has been through a similar experience; you may find their advice and encouragement helpful.
- The Bar Association-A local or state bar association can be a great resource because they can tell you which of their family law members are skilled in. Let the list keep, contact the lawyers directly and interview them. Your first appointment is usually free and you can know what the family law attorney is going to do for you, their fee plan and much more.
- Legal Aid Agencies-Every state or county will provide a organization providing legal assistance. If you find the costs of maintaining representation to be prohibitive, consider contacting your local chapter for assistance. Some will provide their services at no charge or “ex bono.” Other attorneys will charge you on a sliding scale, taking into account your willingness to repay. That can be a great choice for parents with limited means.
- Research – Your library has legal databases with legal professionals of all sorts, while the internet is an excellent resource for reliable and up-to-date information. Blogs, list serves, advertisements, and posts such as the one you are reading now can be good sources to help you find information related to the solicitor.
- Check the Phone Book-An old stand by: the phone book is one of the most common locations for attorneys to list their availability. In the yellow pages you can find right smack dab scores of attorneys featuring all their contact information provided, including websites.
Divorce is definitely not enjoyable, it is very painful too. Your children will struggle, but by having a lawyer who is compassionate and loving you will help ease the change for them and you. Arrange a meeting with your Pastor today for extra encouragement and spiritual direction.