Understanding how to pick the best advertising agency represents the first step towards a effective online marketing strategy. Whether it’s a new website, a Facebook app, or refining your SEO tactics, you ‘re just as important to work with as the project itself. We’ve compiled a list of tips to help you select the right digital agency for your company. Learn more about AMP Digital Agency.
- In-house team: The more work an organization does in-house, the more leverage it will have over a project (and eventually its clients). When companies start outsourcing their work, communication can impede or delay progress, not to mention the concerns that would arise if you actually tried to change anything. In-house companies often tend to offer better services because their departments are more conscious of, rather than separate parts of, the overall project.
- Important portfolio: An agency does not only have a wide range of work from a variety of clients, but the work needs to be relevant to your project as well. Checking portfolios is a great way to see how the capabilities of the business relate to your needs. So, if you want to create a Facebook app, for example , make sure that the organization you choose has experience in making them.
- Additional services: When the project is delivered, the job of a digital agency should not end so make sure you get the most out of your partnership. Good organizations will also provide training on how to manage the new venture, follow up with technical help, and provide some kind of assurance on the code of their project.
- A trustworthy contact: Choose an organization that assigns you a clear project manager because online marketing can be difficult and long lasting. This will ensure that you know exactly who to contact, and that at least one person knows at all times what is happening to your account. Many organizations will send managers at the top level to give the presentation and finally turn over the project to a junior; ask up front who you are going to work with and when you can meet them.
- Best Technology: Choose a digital agency that can offer you the best technology available to maintain a competitive advantage and conform to safety standards. The same project has many options, so ask the department what technology they intend to use and why they choose it over others. If they can’t answer you well, then find an organization that can.
- Innovation: The digital industry relies heavily on creativity and you need to compete at this level for your online marketing. Make sure that the agency you select has a creative flair to its work, be it beautiful design, fascinating ideas or the advanced use of technology.
- A strong track record: Check the results a digital agency gets besides well-developed projects. This involves facts and figures from their previous work, and whether they have long-term clients or not. It will give you a clearer idea of what to expect when you deal with them.
- Understand the company briefs: To deliver the best service, an agency needs to be able to understand your needs. So although its awesome if an organization can create amazing work, if the final outcome is different from what you actually wanted, it will not help at all. Check the previous work of the firm, and ask how it suits with the briefs of their clients.
- Follow the best practices of the industry: there are many companies offering cheap online marketing, but unfortunately many of these agencies end up using “black hat” strategies to boost their efficiency (especially with regard to SEO tactics). Although this can succeed for a short time, the idea can inevitably be penalized by the likes of Google , Yahoo, and Facebook, who actively filter out internet marketing that does not comply with their policies of best practice. Make sure that the organization that you are using does not endanger your project by taking shortcuts.
10.Partnership: This is your digital project at the end of the day so find an agency that strives to keep you in the loop all the way. The agency should welcome your input and keep receiving your feedback whilst guiding you on how best to translate these ideas online. Agencies that treat clients as friends during the development process deliver a smoother experience and a final project that better fulfills client expectations.