Molds aren’t plants, they aren’t plants because they don’t have chlorophyll, or leaves , roots, or stems, and they don’t have a firm cell wall based on cellulose. Mold cell walls are made of chitin, the crab and shrimp shells are made of the same material.Do you want to learn more? Visit NYC mold removal.
Mold is compiled of a microscopic thread like structures called hyphae; in fact the root word mould is an old North-Western European term possibly a Viking term meaning fozzy.
Mold is made of microscopic fibers and microscopic spores are produced, but mold is not microscopic. Like you and me, it begins as a single microscopic cell, and after a while it develops into a visible, fuzzy, smelly, colorful, living mass of connected fibrous cells.
It’s always amazing to me that on the internet, many mold inspectors claim mold is microscopic, then two lines later the same mold inspector says it has a flippant appearance. If it is microscopic it would not appear because it is too small to see. If this is microscopic then why are we using terms such as green mold and black mold. If it is microscopic then how do we see it growing on rotten fruit, on or clothing in moldy closets, or on walls. How does an inspector inspect mold when it’s microscopic. Most molds are not microscopic, they are Macroscopic, which means they are large enough to be seen with the necked eye. Do not schedule a mold assessment or test with the guy that claims we will perform a visual inspection for microscopic things.
Molds are present everywhere and both indoors and outdoors. Indoor spores are more hazardous than outdoor spores, not because they are different; it is just that mold spores can easily become concentrated when produced indoors. We also spend so much time indoors exposing ourselves to molding indoors to such a degree that they make us sick. Indoor mold spores pose an elevated health risk to residents or an office employee. Aspergillus, Alternaria, Cladosporium, Chaetomium, Fusarium, Penicillium, and Stachybotrys are some of the more common indoor molds. Since mold spores are harmful to safety, even the dead or dormant molds (stationary while waiting for surplus moisture to begin to grow) are harmful, so that even having a whiff of dead or dormant molds will cause mold-sensitive people to become ill. Some people are very sensitive to mold, others are not as sensitive and there are no government-set limits for mold exposure.
It is typically observed that when indoor mold samples show higher spore counts than outdoor rates during testing, mold infestation is considered to advance. Pregnant ladies, infants, unborn babies in the womb of the mother, elders and especially people with allergies , asthma and defects in the immune system are at higher risk from molding. If you fit the category above or if you are a human being and expect a problem call a mold inspector to test and inspect your property.